Sunday, July 11, 2010

True Worship. A God Blog.

Its sunday, and this morning in church I was thinking about how great Sundays must be for God. If you think about it, its the one day of the week when all of his people gather together and sing his praises! I was just thinking about in my town alone, how many songs were sung to him, and how it must be so awesome for him. I thought maybe, he looks forward to Sunday mornings the way some people look forward to the superbowl or something.
And then I felt very insignificant. How could my voice, raised in song, mean any more than anyone else's voice in my church? Or town? Or even the whole world? What good is my singing doing God? I mean surely, he has been getting plenty of it all morning.

And then I thought..he doesn't need it, but he wants it. Because he knows each person in the world individually and intimately, our voices raised in song do make a difference, to him.
And I was also pondering how he doesn't need it, but maybe we do. There really isn't anything like singing worship in a church; everyone is invited to do so, no matter the quality of their voice; hundreds of voices singing in unison, and it actually means something! The expierence of worship is designed to draw us closer to God, and to our fellow believers.

Also, I was thinking how God might be kind of bummed out on like Tuesday afternoons. And I had a thought; he shouldn't be, because we should be in constant worship to him- and it just sort of inspired me, I don't know.

Anyway, those were my spiritual/philosophical thoughts for the week. Thanks for reading :)

1 comment: