Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My ponderings throughout the day

1. On my lunch break, I read this article in a magazine about people's first celebrity crushes. This one lady was talking about how dreamy Mario Lopez's curly mullet was. She said her tastes have changed since then, but I can't possibly conceive hoe anyone ever thought mullets are attractive.

2. Once, I heard this girl say "Ew, they're old, they shouldn't be able to drive that ballin car." Why not? Old people- for the most part, have worked and saved their money up their entire lives, so they could enjoy their retirement. It's kind of saddening to think that one works all their life until they're too old to enjoy the fruits of their labors. I think the saying "youth is wasted on the young" is true in this sense; they aren't old enough to appreciate their good health and energy and all that.

But on the other hand, "youth is wasted on the young" doesn't really make sense. Youthfulness is the qualiy of being young, immature and inexpierenced; our youthhood is what develops us, in a way. But I also think youthfulness is not just a state of being; its a quality. I've met forty-something year olds who were far more youthful than a few members of my graduating class.
The point? I want to be young until I die. And hopefully, I will be.

3. Last night I had a conversation with my good friend Paul, about how we pity the rich kids. The uptight snots who don't find humor or beauty in anything. They live life unappreciative of the small things. And I think the small things in life are often the most beautiful; the bird on your window sill when you wake up, the sound of your best friend's laughter, or the tocking of light switches- that is where the beauty lies. I pity the superficial fool who can't see that.

"I just don't understand how you could possibly enjoy eating fish if you bought it angry." -Paul

4. I wonder what the postal service is like in other countries.

5. I wonder how many fruits and vegetables I haven't tried.

6. If you read this whole thing, thank you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment